Our Mission: The American Made Coalition believes that 2017 presents the best opportunity to transform our outdated tax system. A focused public campaign – one supporting competitive tax rates for small and large business, a modern territorial system, and the border adjustment of businesses taxes – is urgently needed to achieve success. Together, these three components are essential to leveling the playing field for American-made goods and services and encouraging American jobs, investment, and manufacturing.
Our Members: The American Made Coalition represents a broad collection of industry leaders from every corner of America’s economy, including:
- Aerospace Industries Association
- Blue Diamond Growers
- The Boeing Company
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Cook Medical
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Johnson & Johnson
- McIlhenny Company
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Neutral Posture
- Port Clinton Manufacturing
- Raytheon Company
- S&P Global
- United Technologies Corporation
- Varian Medical Systems
Our Challenge: America has been left behind as other countries have lowered their tax rates and reduced the cost of doing business. At the same time, many of the companies we compete against are based in countries that have already moved to a modern territorial tax system and border-adjust a significant portion of their taxes, putting American made goods and services at a disadvantage. We aim to recalibrate the American economy by making it easier to invest in American businesses, American products, and American workers.
Our Goal: Wage a robust and effective public campaign to encourage Congress to enact tax reform that will spur real economic growth. That means:
- A level playing field for American-made goods and services—something American consumers want;
- A growing economy that creates high-quality American jobs for businesses of all sizes;
- An end to tax-motivated shifting of production, technology, headquarters and jobs to locations outside of the United States.